As a parent, you’ll have the experience and understanding to support those families who need some extra help…your help.
All parents know that those early years before children go off to school are vital in a child’s life. At Home-Start we believe parents have the key role in creating a secure childhood for their children.
We are looking for caring and committed people who could spare 2 to 3 hours a week to support a family in need. Our volunteers need to be friendly, approachable, trustworthy, and good listeners.
A quick guide to becoming a Home-Start volunteer
- You must be a parent or have parenting experience
- You should have an understanding about the pressures of bringing up a family
- You will have to attend our volunteer preparation course – a ‘school’ day a week for 8 weeks
- You will need to complete an enhanced disclosure and barring service check
- You will be able to claim travel expenses during the training and while you support a family
- You will be fully supported by our co-ordinators while you are visiting families
- You will be invited to attend additional training and social events throughout the year