Home-Start volunteers provide a lifeline for children and families. When a family can’t cope, their children suffer.
When they ask us for help it is a volunteer who makes a real and lasting difference.
We have a number of volunteer opportunities and many ways in which you can get involved.
Home-visiting Family Support Volunteers
Thorough, accredited training is provided to support you in your role and regular supervision is provided to ensure that you feel confident in your role. You will provide around 2 hours of valuable support per week to a family in need of support. Through your help they will become better parents, more able to cope with life’s challenges and the children will have the best possible start in life.
Without volunteers helping us to raise much needed, vital funds, we would not be able to continue with our work. Our fundraising volunteers are committed to helping us raise our profile, run events and collect donations, all of which fund our family work. Through your support we are able to continue helping children and changing lives.
Our Trustees provide strategic support and direction for Home-Start Norfolk. They bring a wide range of skills to the organisation and help us to grow and develop.
The Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering also benefits you as you will:
- make a difference to parents and children facing great difficulties
- give something back to your local community
- perhaps return the support you once received from Home-Start
- share a similar experience
You may also benefit yourself, through:
- better health and well-being
- improved personal and skills development
- improved chances for work
- and more self-confidence
- preparing to return to work or to progress your career